REVIEWS ARCHIVE

NOT MY CUP OF TEA:

BUT, YOU MIGHT LIKE IT

LALI’S PASSAGE
KEN ALBERTSON
TRAFFORD PUBLISHING

Genre-Contemporary?
Trade paperback

This is one book that as with many others I tried over and over on various occasions to read. I found I was unable to get very far each time. I personally gave up around page 78 when I still couldn’t get into the book.

The story began with a young man who seemed to be a sleep around living in Thailand. This man went to a massage parlor and met Lali and deeply in lust/love at first site. He then took her to the US to make her a model, was framed for drug possession and ended up in jail. The man that framed him took the girl to a hotel where he then abandoned her. Lali managed to hook up with some guy and a girl, they went up to the man’s previous home to sleep, got caught and that is where I quit reading.

While I think the author put a lot of himself into this book, I was just unable to feel the book so to speak. There are many that this book will interest and many that have liked this book. However I personally didn’t enjoy it.

CHANGE OF HEART
JACK ALLEN
BURPHING FROG PUBLISHING

Genre-Spy Thriller
Trade Paperback

It took me quite some time to finally get a chance to read this book. However, after many beginning putting it down and going back to it at another time, I was unable to finish it. While I tend to try most genres of books this one didn’t seem able to keep my attention. Which is one large thing I look for when reviewing. The story seemed interesting enough and the author did a good job with the action. However it came off much like a spy type book and something just wasn’t there to keep me interested.

On the other hand, the author did a good job and I do feel that there are many people out there that would enjoy this book from beginning to end.

EVERY BOOK DESERVES A SAY!!

Author Spotlights

Romance

Market

Reviews

Fandom

School
Home Icon
Home

Page Last Updated: July 10, 2003

See a problem with this page?  Email:midnight@simegen.com