Print two copies of this contract. Fill it out, including how you want your copyright notice to read, and mail both copies to Sime~Gen Inc. Alternatively, you may fax the form to (253) 541-5962. A representative of Sime~Gen Inc. will sign and return one copy to you.
Contest Winners Posting Agreement
Between Sime~Gen Inc., P. O. Box 1244, Murray, KY 42071-0022, U.S.A., email@example.com, hereafter known as Company, and
City State/Province Postal Code
Pen name (if any)__________________________________________________________________
hereinafter known as Winner, concerning the contest entitled
____________________________________________, hereinafter known as Contest,
made this day of , year .
1. This Agreement pertains to Winners in any category, any degree of Prize, including but not limited to Grand, First, Second, Runner-up, and Honorable Mention.
2. This Agreement pertains to Work submitted by Winner to fulfill the rules for the Contest provided by Company on the World Wide Web domain known as simegen.com, commencing ___________________________. Winner's entire Contest entry constitutes the Work covered in this Agreement.
3. Winner hereby grants to Company a license to post the Work on the World Wide Web domain known as simegen.com, for a term of three years, commencing on opening day of Contest, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
4. Winner warrants that the Work posted as his/her Contest entry is his/her property, and that s/he has the right to license it to Company.
5. Winner shall retain all copyrights in and to the Work s/he creates for this Contest. Company shall identify the Winner as creator of the Work, and shall reproduce thereon the following copyright notice:
6. Company shall provide to Winner a noncommercial website on simegen.com. Any prize won in the Contest, along with said website, shall be Winner's sole and complete compensation for licensing Work.
7. All rights in Work not specifically transferred by this Agreement are reserved to the Winner. Winner is free to publish material derived from the Work anywhere else at any time, with the exception that the Work posted on simegen.com for Contest may not be duplicated on another website for the duration of this Agreement. Winner is, however, free to direct readers to said Work on simegen.com, and link to them from another website.
8. Should Winner be offered a contract for trade publication of any work substantially derived from a Work posted on simegen.com under the terms of this Agreement, and should the continued posting of said Work interfere with Winner's ability to sell clear rights to the work derived from said Work, upon notification of such offer of contract, accompanied by any reasonable evidence of intent to contract, Company will immediately remove said Work from display on simegen.com and cede all rights in said Work to Winner.
9. Nothing herein shall be construed to constitute the parties hereto joint venturers, nor shall any similar relationship be deemed to exist between them. This Agreement shall not be assigned in whole or in part without the prior written consent of the Winner.
10. In the event of legal action by a third party disputing Winner's rights in the Work, Company reserves the right to remove the Work from display until such dispute is resolved. If the dispute is resolved in favor of the Winner, Company will immediately restore the Work to display. If the dispute is resolved against the Winner, Company's sole responsibility shall be to cease display of the Work.
Important! Parent or legal Guardian must sign in place of Winner if Winner is under eighteen years of age.
Winner For Sime~Gen Inc.
See all our