Print two copies of this contract. Fill it out, including how you want your copyright notice to read, and mail both copies to Sime~Gen Inc. Alternatively, you may fax the form to (253) 541-5962. A representative of Sime~Gen Inc. will sign and return one copy to you.
Student Work Posting Agreement
Between Sime~Gen Inc., P. O. Box 1244, Murray, KY 42071-0022, U.S.A., email@example.com, hereafter known as Guild, and
City State/Province Postal Code
Pen name (if any)__________________________________________________________________
hereafter known as Student, concerning the course entitled
____________________________________________, hereinafter known as Course,
made this day of , year .
1. This Agreement pertains to Work submitted by Student to fulfill Assignments for the Course provided by the WorldCrafter's Guild on the World Wide Web domain known as simegen.com, commencing ___________________________. This Agreement includes Assignments in the form of essays, outlines, stories, critical commentary, web-posted tests, Student contributions to IRC chats, as well as any other Student-created material posted in Studentshowcase in the WorldCrafters Guild on simegen.com during the Course. All of this material together constitutes the Work covered in this Agreement.
2. Student hereby grants to Guild a license to post the Work on the World Wide Web domain known as simegen.com, for a term of three years, commencing on opening day of Course, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3. Student warrants that the Assignments posted for the Course are his/her property, and that s/he has the right to license them to Guild.
4. Student shall retain all copyrights in and to the Assignments s/he writes for this Course. Guild shall identify the Student as creator of the Assignments, and shall reproduce thereon the following copyright notice:
5. Guild shall provide to Student a noncommercial website on simegen.com. The right to participate in the Course, along with said website, shall be Student's sole and complete compensation for licensing Assignments.
6. All rights in Assignments not specifically transferred by this Agreement are reserved to the Student. Student is free to publish material derived from the Assignments anywhere else at any time, with the exception that the Assignments posted on simegen.com for Course may not be duplicated on another website for the duration of this Agreement. Student is, however, free to direct readers to said Assignments on simegen.com, and link to them from another website.
7. Should Student be offered a contract for trade publication of any work substantially derived from an Assignment posted on simegen.com under the terms of this Agreement, and should the continued posting of said Assignment interfere with Student's ability to sell clear rights to the work derived from said Assignment, upon notification of such offer of contract, accompanied by any reasonable evidence of intent to contract, Guild will immediately remove said Assignment from display on simegen.com and cede all rights in said Assignment to Student.
8. Nothing herein shall be construed to constitute the parties hereto joint venturers, nor shall any similar relationship be deemed to exist between them. This Agreement shall not be assigned in whole or in part without the prior written consent of the Student.
9. In the event of legal action by a third party disputing Student's rights in the Assignments, Guild reserves the right to remove the Assignments from display until such dispute is resolved. If the dispute is resolved in favor of the Student, Guild will immediately restore the Assignments to display. If the dispute is resolved against the Student, Guild's sole responsibility shall be to cease display of the Assignments.
Important! Parent or legal Guardian must sign in place of Student if Student is under eighteen years of age.
Student For Sime~Gen Inc.
See all our